Monday, March 11, 2013

Forgiveness

I want to start off by saying I know I have not posted anything in awhile but I just needed a break. Well the silence is no more.


Forgiveness what does this mean to you. Forgiveness is when you have been done wrong you choose to do as GOD does for us. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for us when he died on the cross he paid for our forgiveness. I have not blogged about this because I have been so angry and bitter about it all. January 1, 2013 Russia officially halted all American adoption. We knew that this was being tossed around for awhile and we prayed Lord don't let this happen precious lives are at stack. My birthday is December 28 and though birthdays are a time to be celebrated I could help but feel depressed because on this day in 2012 the Russian President Vladimir Putin signed into a law the ban on all American adoption. That day was a blow to the face for so many who had children there. Families in limbo not knowing if they would ever see their precious little ones again. Several families had been through court and been legally named the child/children's parents but it was still up in the air as to whether they would ever come home to there forever families. Parents who had met their children have now been told that they can switch countries or wait for Russia to come to their senses. A few of the parents have made the hardest choice to make and switch countries while they wait for Russia to let them come back. Do you know what happens to children who live in Russia that have special needs? They are locked away in orphanages because they are deemed as unlovable. Children age out of these orphanages between the ages of 3-5 years of age. The next step is and ADULT MENTAL INSTUTION. INSTUTIONS are no place for a baby. Little girls have their heads shaved so the caretakers don’t have to wash their long beautiful hair. Children who can’t never learned to walk are bed ridden 24/7. The children bite themselves to self stimulate. I tell you all of this to tell you that I have been so angry and bitter toward the Russian Government. Last night my husband and I attended the largest Christian concert on tour. Winter Jam have you ever heard of it 10 wonderful Christian artist under one roof can you say amazing. Newsong is the host of the event and for the last several years they have partnered with Holt International. This year was different they have partnered with World Vision. Before intermission Newsong spoke about World Vision and while we had a break everyone had the chance to sponsor a child. This was amazing to see. Adults, teenagers and kids all being the hands and feet of JESUS. While this was all going on I couldn’t help but think about my precious kids who have stolen my heart. I became angry again over this whole thing with Russia. After the intermission was over my favorite artist of the night came on stage Matthew West.  Matthew West has an adopted daughter from China and so he is very near and dear to our hearts. For several years now he has been writing songs based on people’s stories.  One song hits home to me it’s called for “Forgiveness” this song was inspired by a mom who chose to forgive the man who killed her daughter in a drunk driving accident. This song took on a whole new meaning. The chorus of this song is:

Forgiveness, Forgiveness

Forgiveness, Forgiveness

Show me how to love the unlovable

Show me how to reach the unreachable

Help me now to do the impossible

Forgiveness, Forgiveness

Help me now to do the impossible

Forgiveness
 
I know that they anger and bitterness that I have had toward Russia is not of GOD. I need to forgive these people. I need to pray that there hearts would be turned toward Jesus Christ and that they would want what is best for these precious little ones. I have chosen to forgive these people would your join me. We must pray without ceasing that they will reverse their decision. Children’s lives are at stack  they need us to pray for them. These are just a few of the faces of that are waiting on their forever families. They need our prayers.








This is the offical lyric video of Matthew West's song Forgiveness go watch.
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WLPKY7NX

No comments:

Post a Comment